255. New York Herald. September 23, 1880.
256. Manual Common Council New York. D. T. Valentine. 1861, pp. 496-498; also,
for 1852 and 1858.
257. Old New York. Dr. J. W. Francis. New York, 1866. gra|
258. Potter's American Monthly. September, 1876.
259. "Washington Atlas. Guizot.
RELICS OF ANDRE.
260. His silver spur is at Washington's Headquarters, Newburgh, N. Y. ; his pocket-book at
rooms of Connecticut Historical Society, Hartford; his MS. account of the Mischianza, in
possession of the Howard family of Maryland ; silhouettes, etc., cut by him, were owned
(1880) by the Foxhall Parker estate, New York ; a wine glass is owned by the Gardiner
family, Gardiner's Island, L. I., N. Y.
261 American Citizen, Tarrytown. August 25, 1801. Notice of the tulip tree. (Reprinted
Magazine of American History, December, 1880.)
262. American Historical and Literary Curiosities. Smith and Watson.
263. Atlantic Monthly. December, i860.
264. Blake's History of Putnam County, N. Y., contains a spurious "defence," said to
have been offered by Andre\ (See also Potter's American Monthly, April, July and
265. BoTTA, Charles, History.of the War of Independence. New Haven, Ct, 1840.
266. Chronicles of Fast Hampton, L. I. David Gardiner, 1871.
267. Dealings with the Dead. I,. M. Sargent.
268. Draper's Battle of King's Mountain. Pp. 37-9.
269. Duke of Saxe-Weimar, Travels in America. Philadelphia, 1828.
270. Galaxy, N. Y. February, 1876.
271. Hours with Living Men and Women of the Revolution, Lossing. (Mrs. Beek-
272. Gentleman's Magazine. London, July, 1801. (Arnold's death.)
273. History of the Society of the Cincinnati, State of New York. By John
Schuyler. New York, 1886.
274. Loyalist Poetry of Stansbury and Odell. Sargent. Albany, i860.
275. Magazine of American History. Vol. 8. (Long article about Colonel Varick and the
treason, etc.) Vol. 5, p. 57 (Partridge, about Mabie Tavern), p. 20 (Campbell, about
Smith's house) ; December, 1879, p. 758, July, August, December, 1880 (Itinerary
276. Massachusetts Historical Society Collections. Vol. 2, p. 195; Vol. 14, p. 52.
277. Memoirs of the American Revolution. John Drayton.
278. Memorials and Letters of S. B. Webb. Edited by Worthington C. Ford. New
279. Men and Times of the Revolution (Elkanah Watson). Winslow C. Watson. New
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.